Home /
About LSA / History
page tools :

History

In 1981, two independent schools, Lee Academy of Auburn and Scott Preparatory School of Opelika, merged to become Lee-Scott Academy. The strong traditions of academic excellence and emphasis on Christian values of both schools continue as the hallmarks of LSA.

Originally located on the campus of Lee Academy, steady growth in enrollment led to the 1996 construction of our present campus in Auburn. Maintaining a vision for the future needs of our students, the Board of Trustees and administration have recently undergone a long term strategic planning process with the assistance of Independent School Counsel (ISC), an Atlanta-based educational consulting firm. A master campus plan has been developed to guide planning for future expansion in order to ensure the continuation of a dynamic academic community for our students, parents and faculty.

Lee-Scott Academy continues as an outstanding college preparatory school. Our diverse student body includes young people from Auburn, Opelika, and surrounding communities as well as international students. The strong histories of Lee Academy, Scott Preparatory School and Lee-Scott Academy represent for many people what a quality independent school should be.

  • © 2012-2014 Lee-Scott Academy
  • 1601 Academy Drive
  • Auburn, AL 36830
  • Tel: 334-821-2430
  • Fax: 334-821-0876
Alabama Independent School Association Alabama Independent School Association Alabama Independent School Association

Recognized by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence.

email page print page small type default type large type
powered by finalsite