Coming together and growing together.
In 1981, two independent schools, Lee Academy of Auburn and Scott Preparatory School of Opelika, merged to become Lee-Scott Academy. The strong traditions of academic excellence and emphasis on Christian values of both schools continue as the hallmarks of LSA.
Originally located on the campus of Lee Academy, steady growth in enrollment led to the 1996 construction of our present campus in Auburn. Maintaining a vision for the future needs of our students, the Board of Trustees and administration have recently undergone a long term strategic planning process with the assistance of Independent School Counsel (ISC), an Atlanta-based educational consulting firm. A master campus plan has been developed to guide planning for future expansion in order to ensure the continuation of a dynamic academic community for our students, parents and faculty.
Lee-Scott Academy continues as an outstanding college preparatory school. Our diverse student body includes young people from Auburn, Opelika, and surrounding communities as well as international students. The strong histories of Lee Academy, Scott Preparatory School and Lee-Scott Academy represent for many people what a quality independent school should be.
2016-2017 AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- AISA President’s Award
- AISA Blue Ribbon School
- APPLE Distinguished School, 2017-2019
- AISA Elementary Technology Team: 1st Place State
- AISA Middle School Technology Team: 1st Place State
- AISA High School Technology Team: 1st Place State
- AISA High School Math Team: 3rd Place District
- AISA Elementary Choral Festival: Superior Ratings
- AISA State Band Festival: Superior Ratings for Concert Band and Jazz Band
- AISA State Honor Band: 12 students participated
- Universal OrlandoFest Competition – Concert and Jazz Bands – Superior Ratings and 1st Place in Classification; Concert Band Won Grand Champion
- All-State Band: 8 students participated