Coming together and growing together.
In 1981, two independent schools, Lee Academy of Auburn and Scott Preparatory School of Opelika, merged to become Lee-Scott Academy. The strong traditions of academic excellence and emphasis on Christian values of both schools continue as the hallmarks of LSA.
Originally located on the campus of Lee Academy, steady growth in enrollment led to the 1996 construction of our present campus in Auburn. Maintaining a vision for the future needs of our students, the Board of Trustees and administration have recently undergone a long term strategic planning process with the assistance of Independent School Counsel (ISC), an Atlanta-based educational consulting firm. A master campus plan has been developed to guide planning for future expansion in order to ensure the continuation of a dynamic academic community for our students, parents and faculty.
Lee-Scott Academy continues as an outstanding college preparatory school. Our diverse student body includes young people from Auburn, Opelika, and surrounding communities as well as international students. The strong histories of Lee Academy, Scott Preparatory School and Lee-Scott Academy represent for many people what a quality independent school should be.
2018-2019 AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- AISA President’s Award
- AISA Blue Ribbon School
- APPLE Distinguished School, 2017-2019
- Two AISA All-State Academic Team Members
- Three Duke TIP Winners
- Two Students Placed 1st in AISA State Art Show
- Six Students Named to AISA All-State Drama Cast
- Twenty-seven Students Selected for AISA Marching Honor Band
- Seven Students Selected for AISA Concert Honor Band
- Four Students Placed 1st as a Team in Technology Fair
- Placed 1st in Musical Theatre and Drama Group Performance at AISA Competition
- Placed 1st in AISA Technology Competition with Middle School and High School Technology Team
- AISA Concert Band – Superior Rating
- AISA Jazz Band – Superior Rating
- AISA Elementary Choral Festival – Superior Rating
- Four Students Selected for Alabama All-State Band
- Two Students Selected for All-State Orchestra
- Twelve Students Selected for Auburn University Marching Honor Band
- Two Students Selected for Auburn University Middle School Symphonic Band
- Three Students Selected for Auburn University High School Symphonic Band
- Four Students took 1st Place in Costume Design, Solo Dance, Solo Female Acting, and Solo Male Acting at Alabama Thespian Festival